Saturday, February 18, 2012

Letter of the Week = A

I was inspired by my friend Kim, who did something similar with her daughter Maddy. (thanks for the ideas, Kim!)

The week after Easton's 2nd birthday, we began our "letter of the week" adventures. Of course we started with "A" and will work our way through the alphabet. Each week we do crafts, eat foods, play games and do activities that pertain to the highlighted letter. We also pick a friend or family member whose name starts with the letter, and make something special for them.

For the week of Jan 23 we covered the letter "A". Here are some of the highlights:


Astronaut coloring project

"A" meal - Apple juice, asparagus and alfredo on angel hair, angus beef and fried apples

Making an Alligator puppet with Daddy

The finished result!
"A" shaped pancakes

Making a craft for Easton's good friend and neighbor, Aubrey ... here is how it turned out:

3 comments:

Kim said...

Awww, thanks for the shout-out! These are some great ideas!!! Let me know if you run out of steam (like I did)... I have my "lesson plans" with links to online materials and all of the materials I created saved on cd. I can pop one in the mail for you!

Keely said...

Oh my goodness, Kim - I would LOVE a copy of that! Definitely send me one if you don't mind, thanks so much for offering! When I am finished we should combine our "lesson plans" and sell them, we'd make a fortune!!!! :-)

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.